Atiya's Misfortune I just got bigger. Normal?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dweikert

Atiya's Misfortune I just got bigger. Normal?

Post by dweikert » Tue, 21. May 24, 05:30

I just had some weirdness where only my ships were seen in map mode and had to go back a few saves for normalcy to return. If not for that I would just assume this is part of the game but now when I go to Atiya's Misfortune I the sector is like 10x bigger than previous. What was the entire sector prior is now only a small portion of the sector with the rest of the sector showing as unexplored. Is this normal for the game or...

If it matters, I've finished terraforming Getsu Fune and am now adding the clinic.

Thanks
:Dan

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Atiya's Misfortune I just got bigger. Normal?

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. May 24, 11:42

The sector map coverage expands as some player asset moves further from the sector centre. That often used to be the case where player drones or deployables such as satellites or beacons would inexplicably shoot off at very high speed away from the playing area. Usually though, they would leave a very thin radiant track in the fog of war.

After a while of no expanded player activity there, the sector map *should* return to normal size, and quicker if any offending player asset is identified and deactivated or returned to the central area.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dweikert

Re: Atiya's Misfortune I just got bigger. Normal?

Post by dweikert » Tue, 21. May 24, 15:00

Thanks. This was the sector where I was adding to a station when the weirdness started that I could only see my ships, hence my concern.
:D

Edit: Back to normal now.

Return to “X4: Foundations”