Picture album - my 5x shipyard support space city!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Re: Picture album - my 5x shipyard support space city!

Post by pref » Fri, 1. May 20, 13:48

Yeah, sells all intermediates and the ships of course. Mainly water, food and some claytronics.
By default it won't sell ship components but one can always override that.

I'm not sure ship components worth selling anyway, having a strong buffer for ship production is worth much more to me then the additional couple 10 mills an hour it could net me.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 10. May 20, 16:10

Seems NPC ship trade market is really erratic.

Checked logs and the shipyard pumped out a destroyer every 4 mins in past couple hours. I don't even know how, as i only have 1 wharf of each type and a destroyer should cost 8 mins or so?
Coincidentally(?) this started to happen the same time when i changed the pricing, pulled it up to 150 as i was curious how it affects volume. Ever since earnings are up to about 700m/h from 200.

Wonder what the factions are planning with all those ships as xenon only have 3 lone sectors in 3 far corners of the universe.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 10. May 20, 16:14

You should upload this using the import/export feature added in the last beta patch.

I'm going to make a Split equivalent to this as a secondary industry to my spread out sector of everything.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 10. May 20, 16:23

Lord Dakier wrote:
Sun, 10. May 20, 16:14
upload this
Where?
Or you mean the save for bug report?
I'm pretty sure there is a bug there somewhere there.

I also just finished the split district. Loving the new models :D

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 10. May 20, 16:37

pref wrote:
Sun, 10. May 20, 16:23
Lord Dakier wrote:
Sun, 10. May 20, 16:14
upload this
Where?
Or you mean the save for bug report?
I'm pretty sure there is a bug there somewhere there.

I also just finished the split district. Loving the new models :D
The city plans you could upload on the nexus or steamworkshop? I'm sure there are people that would love to try this and seeing other players designs (especially this one) would be cool.

All my Split stations are based on honey combs, you throw it down and if you need to expand it then add a connection bridge then copy the honeycomb. So my hull parts factory fits on one honeycomb and produces 7 hull parts, I then in my last save made 5 of them to create a 35 module hull parts factory.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 10. May 20, 17:18

Lord Dakier wrote:
Sun, 10. May 20, 16:37
The city plans you could upload on the nexus or steamworkshop? I'm sure there are people that would love to try this and seeing other players designs (especially this one) would be cool.
Oh you mean export import individual plans works in beta. That's nice.

I uploaded earlier versions of my full constructionplan in this thread but it's a huge mess (lots of backup plans and stuff).
Also it's just the first section which was built for personal ship builds, the split district is a separate complex that brings the first one to the required output in order to satisfy all NPC builds without resource queues.
Will check the exporter and upload just the 2 clean plans without the noise.

Also i removed a few thousand turrets and now it's playable near the two plexes even though they are completely merged, there is no distance between them so it's quite a number of modules to handle for the game.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 23:55

Now with the export feature i created a new export, the production has been upgraded and this has the cradles and wharves as well.
Ergosphere the shipyard and support modules for own use of SY, plus 20x claytronics to boost NPC and own builds.
Arms Cathedral support plex to allow universe wide sales.

Build order is not optimal, had no time to play around with indices in the file yet.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 00:30

Created an additional support plex for station construction, has
36x hull
20x clay
12x advanced electronics
8x turret
8x shield
3x field coil

Construction plan

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Only its sections are connected.

Loving this early morning lightning..

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 03:49

Wow that's awesome, I especially like how you arranged all those solar power modules. Also how many energy cells do they put out per hour?
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 21:27

There is 14 of them, so 168k. Probably above 200k with full workforce.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 13:04

I'll say this like I said before...Good Loooord what have you done man! That beutiful monstrosity! It...it is ..aliiiiive!

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 18:59

dholmstr wrote:
Fri, 9. Oct 20, 13:04
I'll say this like I said before...Good Loooord what have you done man! That beutiful monstrosity! It...it is ..aliiiiive!
Thanks! :D

red-dragon
x4

Post by red-dragon » Wed, 21. Oct 20, 19:13

not sure if its been asked before but how do i use the build plan xml's (the ones that were zipped up

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 21. Oct 20, 21:06

red-dragon wrote:
Wed, 21. Oct 20, 19:13
not sure if its been asked before but how do i use the build plan xml's (the ones that were zipped up
When you are in design mode planning your space city, there is an import end export button on the top, bit right from centre next to eachother.
Click import and select the plan. All your current design will be replaced by the one in the xml (so it won't just add the new parts but clear any existing ones).

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 21. Oct 20, 21:17

red-dragon wrote:
open the xml with notepad and copy all the text to your xml, add to end of text so you dont loose all yours, its under documents/egosoft folder somewhere
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 21. Oct 20, 21:34

Oh the whole constructionplan.xml you mean. What Buzz said,
but it's easier to use the exported ones, then the game adds the new plan on its own without you having to mess around with file edits. Think all the stations in the thread have the exported xml.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 21. Oct 20, 21:38

red-dragon wrote:
pref wrote:
Wed, 21. Oct 20, 21:34
Oh the whole constructionplan.xml you mean. What Buzz said,
but it's easier to use the exported ones, then the game adds the new plan on its own without you having to mess around with file edits. Think all the stations in the thread have the exported xml.
ohhh I didnt understand your post, it just replaces the in game current build plan, I never used that thing so disregard my notepad xml edit, it does not remove existing saved build plans
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations”