How to access pre-order materials

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IblisBane
x4

Re: How to access pre-order materials

Post by IblisBane » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:00

sd_jasper wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:41
shinzah wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:37
ZerothAngel wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:45

Same here. Just realized there was a second paint mod as I was reading email before bed. :shock:

But I got it to show up. Try going to the game registration page on this forum and selecting "Update via Steam" to refresh your games. Then load up your save again.
That worked! ^^

Only 10 uses per save though O-o
I have the same issue. I'll try this but am at work so I can't check till I get home. Does the game list on the forums change to show the CE, or still just say X4?
Haha, I just posted about this in a different thread before seeing it here.

Same issue for me...only the pre-order skin available (and only if online) and just found out about the CE one.

Will test this out and report back, thanks.

IblisBane
x4

Post by IblisBane » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:17

Ok, refreshing via Steam and logging in via the game caused the "exceptional" paint mod to appear.

However, now the Foundation one is gone. :D

I logged out and went off-line, and the Obsidian paint-job remained available, but the "enhanced" (red) skin is still gone...

TDQuasar
x4

Post by TDQuasar » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:29

I removed Steam link, linked it again. Logged out inside the game under Online Features, then logged back in. Still no pre=order material or any change.
X4 Foundations videos ***NOT MODIFIED***
X Rebirth Vanilla Plot videos
X Rebirth videos
I also have a lot of older ***NOT MODIFIED*** X3 videos.

ZerothAngel
x4

Post by ZerothAngel » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 20:34

Yeah, seems pretty unreliable. I loaded my save the next day and the Obsidian X was gone. Hasn't re-appeared yet in the 3-4 times I've reloaded.

However in the 3 new games I started, it and Foundation X were there. Weird.

Dave242
x4

Post by Dave242 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 05:59

TDQuasar wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:51
I also preordered the game. I see 4 available ship skins currently. Does that sound right?
I have the same. I bought the collectors edition and none of the 4 look like the Obsidian or the red foundation one.

They're all just different coloured trim.

I've tried all the things mentioned in this thread but no luck.

TDQuasar
x4

Post by TDQuasar » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 04:06

Dave242 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 05:59
TDQuasar wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:51
I also preordered the game. I see 4 available ship skins currently. Does that sound right?
I have the same. I bought the collectors edition and none of the 4 look like the Obsidian or the red foundation one.

They're all just different coloured trim.

I've tried all the things mentioned in this thread but no luck.
Thanks. So it's not just me. It would be nice to get an official response about this issue.
X4 Foundations videos ***NOT MODIFIED***
X Rebirth Vanilla Plot videos
X Rebirth videos
I also have a lot of older ***NOT MODIFIED*** X3 videos.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 09:34

I preordered the collectors edition also (as soon as it was announced, LOL, I was such a fanatic about X3), linked my accounts, went online in the game, and only found "Foundation X" in my paint schemes. There is no "Obsidian" paint scheme listed. How do I get that fixed?

X4 is really wonderful BTW. Great job with this, a phenomenal successor to the X3 series.

worgul
x4

Post by worgul » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 11:06

russbo wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 09:34
I preordered the collectors edition also (as soon as it was announced, LOL, I was such a fanatic about X3), linked my accounts, went online in the game, and only found "Foundation X" in my paint schemes. There is no "Obsidian" paint scheme listed. How do I get that fixed?

X4 is really wonderful BTW. Great job with this, a phenomenal successor to the X3 series.
Exact same issue here. Obsidian is still missing.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:07

If you start a new game, do both types show up in the Redesign menu? (under the Advanced and Exceptional categories respectively) - of course Obsidian X will only show up if you pre-ordered a Collector's Edition.
If yes, but you don't have both in an existing savegame then this is an issue that I'm actively working on.

If not then there might be another problem.
Standard steps to verify:
1. make sure that X4: Foundations is listed in your Egosoft forum profile in the User Control Panel > Egosoft Settings > Game Registration section
2. make sure you are actually logged in through the in-game "Online Features" menu (using your Egosoft account! - I've seen several people fail to log because they tried to use their Steam account.)
3. start a game or load a savegame and you should find the paint mod(s) in the "Redesign" context menu of any of your ships
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

shinzah
x4

Post by shinzah » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:38

BurnIt! wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 15:07
If you start a new game, do both types show up in the Redesign menu? (under the Advanced and Exceptional categories respectively) - of course Obsidian X will only show up if you pre-ordered a Collector's Edition.
If yes, but you don't have both in an existing savegame then this is an issue that I'm actively working on.

1. make sure that X4: Foundations is listed in your Egosoft forum profile in the User Control Panel > Egosoft Settings > Game Registration section
2. make sure you are actually logged in through the in-game "Online Features" menu (using your Egosoft account! - I've seen several people fail to log because they tried to use their Steam account.)
3. start a game or load a savegame and you should find the paint mod(s) in the "Redesign" context menu of any of your ships
I started a new game on the beta branch and both do not show up at all. In my save game Foundation X shows up but Obsidian X does not. I got Obsidian X to show up once earlier by refreshing my information through the forum and disabling then re-enabling the pre-order bonus dlc in steam but it never worked again.

It's a small thing but I hope it gets fixed.

worgul
x4

Post by worgul » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:18

BurnIt! wrote:

I can report, that I only have the Foundation-Design in the inventory and in the redesign menu (in both cases: old savegames and new games). Accounts are connected and i am logged in ingame. CE owner of course :)

So obsidian is still missing.

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:35

worgul wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:18
BurnIt! wrote:

I can report, that I only have the Foundation-Design in the inventory and in the redesign menu (in both cases: old savegames and new games). Accounts are connected and i am logged in ingame. CE owner of course :)

So obsidian is still missing.
Same here. In beta 1.31beta still not working

KingLetho
x4

Post by KingLetho » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 11:57

BurnIt! wrote:If yes, but you don't have both in an existing savegame then this is an issue that I'm actively working on.
That's the case for me.

Short history of events:
1) Pre-ordered CE
2) Played the game on release day and logged-in through the ingame menu
3) (Only) "Fundament X" is there
4) Clicked on Game Registration on this site and linked my Steam account again
5) In a new game I have now "Obsidian X" as well, so both mods. But it's not available in my existing save.

If you need a save game, log or whatever let me know.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 13:39

Thanks everyone.
Still working on it.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 13:46

I can't login with my egosoft credentials I guess its some passwordcharacter I use this chars: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789`~!@#$%^&*()_-+={}|[]\:";'<>?,./
btw copy paste would be nice to fill the field more quickly with my pretty long rng-password
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X4: Foundations”