How to access pre-order materials

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shadowlux
x4

How to access pre-order materials

Post by Shadowlux » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:30

Hello,

I pre-ordered the game on steam, it shows in the DLC tab that it has been added, but I can't find the materials nor do the paints show up in game. what do I need to do?
I already linked the x4 foundations with my steam account and that shows on the egosoft site account, but I cant see if that included the pre-order stuff.

Thank you

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: How to access pre-order materials

Post by CBJ » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:37

You need to log in in-game using the Online Features option and then start a new game or load an existing one. Once you've done that you will be able to apply the paintmod to your ship(s) in-game.

ProdicalJedi
x4

Post by ProdicalJedi » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:37

Go to online features and log into your Egosoft forum account.

If it fails you'll need to link your Steam account with your Egosoft account which can be done on this website although it's not terribly easy.

User Control Panel > Egosoft Game Settings > Game Registration > Login with Steam
--- X3 Reunion ---

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly.

Shadowlux
x4

Post by Shadowlux » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:47

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 18:37
You need to log in in-game using the Online Features option and then start a new game or load an existing one. Once you've done that you will be able to apply the paintmod to your ship(s) in-game.
Thankyou, it worked 8)
X3 reunion, X3 albion prelude, space engineers, no man sky, elite dangerous, X4, why yes i DO like space sims.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:51

Does logging in simply activate the paint mods, or do we need to stay online to access them?

Scoob.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:06

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:51
Does logging in simply activate the paint mods, or do we need to stay online to access them?

Scoob.
I have discovered that it will stay on your ship offline if you apply the skin to your ship. But if you haven`t applied any paint and then go offline, the skin option will not be there. So, yes, you need to be online to access them first. Not a fan of this, but it`s what they`ve decided to do.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:47

Socratatus wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:06
I have discovered that it will stay on your ship offline if you apply the skin to your ship. But if you haven`t applied any paint and then go offline, the skin option will not be there. So, yes, you need to be online to access them first. Not a fan of this, but it`s what they`ve decided to do.
Thanks. Not sure I like where this "have to be online to apply" thing is going... I can't always be online. Also, the limited applications for a given paint job is bloody stupid... We might be at the top of a very slippery slope here...I hope ES walk away.

Scoob.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:51

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:47
Socratatus wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 21:06
Thanks. Not sure I like where this "have to be online to apply" thing is going... I can't always be online. Also, the limited applications for a given paint job is bloody stupid... We might be at the top of a very slippery slope here...I hope ES walk away.

Scoob.
I agree.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:12

You only have to be online once in any give game to obtain the paint mods, i.e. get them into your inventory. You do not have to be online to apply them.

ChronoX
x4

Post by ChronoX » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 03:27

I've linked my account and saw the free paint once in a save game, applied it to one of my ships but then left the game without saving. Now I can't find that free paint again :( Tried disconnecting my Steam account and relinking it, same with in-game online settings, tried logging out and in again but it didn't help. Is there a way to get it back?

shinzah
x4

Post by shinzah » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 03:57

I don't have the second pre-order paint, I have the Foundation X paint but I pre-ordered the CE on november 4th and linked my steam to my egosoft account before the game launched and just now discovered that there's actually two mods O-o

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 04:56

shinzah wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 03:57
I don't have the second pre-order paint, I have the Foundation X paint but I pre-ordered the CE on november 4th and linked my steam to my egosoft account before the game launched and just now discovered that there's actually two mods O-o
I had the same, ordered CE early October. Linked to my account that same week. Just now I started the game, logged in to Online Features again after seeing the email about the skins and I had the Default skin active, No "advanced" or "enhanced" paints available and the Exceptional "Obsidian X" skin was the only other available.

I just closed and reopened the game, now my Default skin is called "Paint Mod 0049" and I have no enhanced or exceptional paint mods available??

Grey Lensman
x4

Post by Grey Lensman » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 06:41

Hello, first post in about a hundred years :roll:

OK so it's not a showstopper, but I'm registered (have the X4 tick to prove it!) I'm logged on in the game etc. but no options for the enhanced paint mod anywhere?

I already checked my inventory - nothing. Am I overlooking something obvious? (Young Gun start, unmodified game)

Thanks in advance

Ajeler
x4

Post by Ajeler » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:33

That's funny.
Logged into "Online features" ingame, loaded my save, got "Foundation X" skin but no "Obsidian X" so i relinked my steam account at egosoft.com and loaded my save again. This time "Obsidian X" appeared, but there were no "Foundation X" skin. Reloaded save game again and both skins just gone. :?

ZerothAngel
x4

Post by ZerothAngel » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:45

shinzah wrote:
Same here. Just realized there was a second paint mod as I was reading email before bed. :shock:

But I got it to show up. Try going to the game registration page on this forum and selecting "Update via Steam" to refresh your games. Then load up your save again.

shinzah
x4

Post by shinzah » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:37

ZerothAngel wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:45
shinzah wrote:
Same here. Just realized there was a second paint mod as I was reading email before bed. :shock:

But I got it to show up. Try going to the game registration page on this forum and selecting "Update via Steam" to refresh your games. Then load up your save again.
That worked! ^^

Only 10 uses per save though O-o

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:41

shinzah wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:37
ZerothAngel wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:45
shinzah wrote:

That worked! ^^

Only 10 uses per save though O-o
I have the same issue. I'll try this but am at work so I can't check till I get home. Does the game list on the forums change to show the CE, or still just say X4?

shinzah
x4

Post by shinzah » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:44

sd_jasper wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:41

I have the same issue. I'll try this but am at work so I can't check till I get home. Does the game list on the forums change to show the CE, or still just say X4?
It still just says X4

I also uninstalled and re-installed the "Pre order bonus" dlc in steam, so that might have made a difference. Good luck!

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:17

shinzah wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:44
sd_jasper wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:41

It still just says X4

I also uninstalled and re-installed the "Pre order bonus" dlc in steam, so that might have made a difference. Good luck!
Thanks! I have a busy night, so I'm not sure I'll have any play time today :-/ but will check it out as soon as I can.

TDQuasar
x4

Post by TDQuasar » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:51

I also preordered the game. I see 4 available ship skins currently. Does that sound right?
X4 Foundations videos ***NOT MODIFIED***
X Rebirth Vanilla Plot videos
X Rebirth videos
I also have a lot of older ***NOT MODIFIED*** X3 videos.

Return to “X4: Foundations”