MIN Of Finance

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Azmodeus
x4

MIN Of Finance

Post by Azmodeus » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 02:08

Hi anyone with more knowledge than me can tell if theres a faster way to gain rep with MIN(Ministry of Finance to 20)?

Im already 17 but its now really hard to get mission that i can do with them, i tried flying between the stations on Eighteen Billions but each of the MIN ones are surrounded with TEL stations that got the missions its rare when i fly by and its the MIN station who got missions its just too much TEL stations there(and some missions like build stations i cant make right now in my game).

And yes my save is bugged the fix for MIN rep was only to newgames my save is still broken with the wrong reputation level gained so instead of 10 rep i need 20 to get the 10 rep ships.
Besides mission i tried to camp on one station to kill criminals spotted but they are too damn rare also.

Just to be sure i want the 20 rep title to remove the bug of getting military ship license with them.

Or if someone knows how to change the rep with them with any kind of save editing ill be glad to hear it how. :twisted:

Ow in case its not obvious i want the military license from them not Teladi i want the MIN version of ships.

Any help would be apreciated :lol:

Kazuma
x4

Re: MIN Of Finance

Post by Kazuma » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 02:33

Azmodeus wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 02:08
Hi anyone with more knowledge than me can tell if theres a faster way to gain rep with MIN(Ministry of Finance to 20)?

Any help would be apreciated :lol:
I am unaware of any easy button with MIN, outside of doing lock box quest or any quest for that matter with a high / impossible difficulty rating. (That rating does seem to affect the faction affluence gain when you complete).

Other than that, I just have tons of 'flea' traders working the MIN occupied sectors trading in "anything" they will buy.

You could try to camp a MIN station and pick off red civi's if you have a police scanner.

You can also blow money with them, that seems to help as well.

The ALI are another one worth working up if you want split female crew for station management and pilots. Additionally the ALI warf provides all faction components and vanguard ships; which makes them a nice 1 stop shop for trade ships and courier variety. The weapon selection is poor however.

The ALI shipyard seems bugged though as it will not dock an L ship, only the XL constructor; which makes the labeling wrong for the station.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 03:13

Ministry of Finance own three stations, the shipyard and wharf in 18 Billion, and an equipment dock in the same sector the Teladi Company have their own Wharf and Shipyard. There are three methods to gain rep with them, missions obviously, killing pirates, khaak and xenon ships near these stations, and finally trading to these stations. The third option is a slow but steady way of doing it since it brings in a constant stream of rep, also these stations would be in high demand for materials since they are stations that will equip and build ships which in an active universe is in constant demand. Second method is hit and miss since it's likely that ships surrounding the stations will kill any enemy near the station assuming of course the station doesn't outright kill it first. The first option, missions of course is the fastest method though since there are only three stations it will take a bit of time, I tend to do what you do, fly between the stations, I do of course look for any missions from signal leaks, these missions of course usually might incur a rep hit due to you having to kill a target. I get one of those then I switch out my weapons with mass missile launchers, 3-4 missile launchers firing heavy guided or smart missiles is enough to nuke a target to kill in on fell swoop and not incur a rep hit since the unfortunate person doesn't know what hit them and they can't call out for help.

Cpt Ace Rimmer

Post by Cpt Ace Rimmer » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 04:47

Thanks Requiemfang, I hadn't thought to try and kill them before the can call out. Have to give that a try.
"What a guy!"
| - Princess Bonjella

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 05:14

Cpt Ace Rimmer wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 04:47
Thanks Requiemfang, I hadn't thought to try and kill them before the can call out. Have to give that a try.
Yeah I figured that out after shooting up the ship with normal weapons and I got thinking, how the heck can I take the target out without them calling for help and also not get a rep hit. Best result was overwhelm with missiles, I took on the a normal small 2 lb hammer would have done good but I choose to use a 20 lb sledgehammer method instead :P :rofl:

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sat, 26. Jan 19, 16:34

If you have the cash, you can stimulate the economy by buying ships from the shipyard and wharf.

Bozar69
x4

Post by Bozar69 » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 06:39

I just hacked the storage on their stations until all the loots dropped and let 100 auto-traders sort things out for me. They get mad if you pick up the stuff that drops but if you just leave it nothing happens. Your traders restock them and you get rep. You are scumbagging an ally I guess but they never even suspect you so its their own fault.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 06:53

Requiemfang wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 03:13
... I do of course look for any missions from signal leaks, these missions of course usually might incur a rep hit due to you having to kill a target. I get one of those then I switch out my weapons with mass missile launchers, 3-4 missile launchers firing heavy guided or smart missiles is enough to nuke a target to kill in on fell swoop and not incur a rep hit since the unfortunate person doesn't know what hit them and they can't call out for help.
Interesting tactics. Which ship model do you use for this action? Is a Nemesis good for that?

XFan123
x4

Post by XFan123 » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 07:08

Two methods i found in the Forum :
Just fly to the rim of the sector , search some Xenon or Khaak and make them follow you to the MIN-Station and then kill them .
Criminals came quicker back if you go in some distance to the Station ( > 30 km ) after a kill and come back .
Sorry About my bad english , but this isn´t my native language ! :doh:

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 28. Jan 19, 08:06

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 28. Jan 19, 06:53
Requiemfang wrote:
Sat, 26. Jan 19, 03:13
... I do of course look for any missions from signal leaks, these missions of course usually might incur a rep hit due to you having to kill a target. I get one of those then I switch out my weapons with mass missile launchers, 3-4 missile launchers firing heavy guided or smart missiles is enough to nuke a target to kill in on fell swoop and not incur a rep hit since the unfortunate person doesn't know what hit them and they can't call out for help.
Interesting tactics. Which ship model do you use for this action? Is a Nemesis good for that?
Only ships that support that many forward mounted slots or more are Eclipse, Pulsar, and Quasar for S-class ships, Nemesis is the only M-class ship with more than 2. The other two ships that have 3 slots are the Buzzard and the paranid fighter.

Return to “X4: Foundations”