1.60 Installed And: Transport Issues

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fadamor
x4

1.60 Installed And: Transport Issues

Post by Fadamor » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 01:21

I usually sit in the PHQ and direct my empire from there. Since 1.60 was installed, however, all my transports won't continue trading after docking at the PHQ unless I tell each one individually to resume current orders. Previously only the ship I came in on would do that. Am I going to have to install that Nexus mod that eliminates the pilots waiting for me until I notice they aren't doing anything? :gruebel:

Baconnaise
x4

Re: 1.60 Installed And: Transport Issues

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 03:05

Yes. Embrace the mods.

Fadamor
x4

Post by Fadamor » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 05:22

LOL I embrace them a little too much, but that particular one I didn't feel the need for. I WANTED my ship to wait wherever I was, but I wanted the others to go about their business without me having to give them a hall pass every time they dock. I suppose that with Teleportation fully researched, I don't care where the ship has meandered off to so I'll load up mod number 13.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 06:09

I fluctuate between 10-20+ mods at a time. If I'm low around 10-15 it's usually for a "vanilla experience". I add teleport to all my fresh saves so I don't have to do that quest. I've done it once at release. More playtime less headache ;).

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 13:36

Mods make the Devs lazy. At this early stage it is better to keep at them about problems or they will never even attempt to fix them.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 14:04

It might. I'm not sure about that though. They included NESA mod into XR since it was almost mandatory for most players. NESA was still arguably better than what they eventually implemented too IMO. Might give them data on what features or fixes seem most important to the people that play the game as well.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 14:08

NESA mod?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Fadamor
x4

Post by Fadamor » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 04:55

Elsewhere I criticized companies like Bethesda for releasing games that hadn't gone through a proper Beta test and relying on modders to fix basic functionality issues. Egosoft seems to be using the same business model. There will ALWAYS be mods as people have personal preferences as to how the game plays, but the existence of mods to fix things that should already be working (like autotrade) reflect poorly on Egosoft's staff.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 06:34

Fadamor wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 04:55
Elsewhere I criticized companies like Bethesda for releasing games that hadn't gone through a proper Beta test and relying on modders to fix basic functionality issues. Egosoft seems to be using the same business model. There will ALWAYS be mods as people have personal preferences as to how the game plays, but the existence of mods to fix things that should already be working (like autotrade) reflect poorly on Egosoft's staff.
Game was rushed out the door simple, they probably (and I mean that in a very high % ratio) that they have plans to add a lot of features currently missing or are being added by mods already, just modders have beaten them to the punch in certain areas. I can understand why and where the devs are focused on atm. Fixing critical game breaking bugs, making the game somewhat playable, create the LITERAL foundation for them to work on and to improve the game. These developers aren't one of those teams where they work on a product in intermittently at times, make a patch or a dlc, do some more patching until they think it's finalized and deem the game finished in their eyes. Egosoft is known for sticking with the product for YEARS, heck they have recently before X4 ever hit the shelves added new patches for both X3TC, Albion and XR. They continue to provide support for their games even after full release. How many game development companies are there that do this? not very many, a lot of them are only in it for the money and that is usually big name companies.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 09:15

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 29. Jan 19, 14:08
NESA mod?
NESA - Never Enter Stations Again

Return to “X4: Foundations”