[vid] little lasershow

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

[vid] little lasershow

Post by pref » Mon, 27. Jul 20, 00:28

Finally split have mustered a couple warships and attacked me. Made a short vid out of it, just some mindless shooting and explosions :D
https://youtu.be/i0HpBvItO38

You can download the construction plan for gate defence in the vid.

ImageImage
Last edited by pref on Thu, 6. Aug 20, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [vid] little lasershow

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 27. Jul 20, 00:54

Should have use the concept of villi to increase surface area for turrets so that even more could fire at once.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 27. Jul 20, 01:18

Had to remove quite a few turrets to keep fps at an acceptable level. If it was armed at 20% fps would drop to 1 and all ships would die near instantly.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 17:13

I try to imagine the crew of the ship flying through the jumpgate.
"-Captain, we' just jumped through... WHAT THE F..." - BOOM. :D

On a totally different matter, you sir have shown quite mad piloting skills. There were some seriously nice drifts in that video.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 17:38

I imagine this is the first and the last thing you will see when you enter the gate to Sol :)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 18:17

Lol how many turrets does that thing have?

There should really be some kind of lore restriction to the amount of power any one group can have, the 'Treaty of Seizewell' or something ;p

Or power draw/requirements.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 19:22

Something seriously messed up with lasers if they cant kill a cap ship in a few seconds with that many beams at once hitting em. Tho i did notice alot of beams seem to be hitting something nearby the cap ships, fighter maybe, a drone, and then taking a long time as in beam effect on, such a tiny thing when it should be 100 beams flash on and off and whatever that small thing off the side of the ship was would be insta dead.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:33

@Ezrakal Thanks!! :)
It's not that bad, they can survive. Beams have real low damage, but are the best in avoiding friendly fire.

@Axeface about 400 beams plus some Ms to have more weapon fx.. restriction is performance - this is about as far as i can go without unplayable fps, and with this amount of beam turrets monitors and rattlesnakes can get through IS unless i interfere personally.

@Skeeter Yes, they just miss by a couple 10m with L ships. That small thing was a laser tower, and that shows how low dps beams have anyway, as there is no targeting bug against those afaik.
I thought about making the vid on 3.3 because turret aim is supposed to be fixed in the beta but then realised that would reduce the duration of the show by a large margin. Looks a bit stupid but much more flashy :D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 10:15

Yeah shame ego made beams low dmg when they should be hull rippers like ions are in the game homeworld.

Still a cool vid tho. :)
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 00:03

Uploaded the construction plan for the gate defence structure in the vid.
This is about the max number of turrets my system can tolerate.

Nazeth
x4

Post by Nazeth » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 11:19

https://i.imgur.com/qJErxNI.png

I'm not a fan of overhauls, but that was love from first sight :D
Glory to the Amarr Empire xD

Short burst, long range beam with devastating alpha strike.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:13

Wow that seems like too much glory :D

Nazeth
x4

Post by Nazeth » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 16:21

Sadly in VRO turret slots are reduced in numbers :D I can mount only 3 of then on Odysseus

numerialized

Post by numerialized » Sat, 8. Aug 20, 16:31

Looks like a cookie jar lol

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 9. Aug 20, 15:35

numerialized wrote:
Sat, 8. Aug 20, 16:31
Looks like a cookie jar lol
It is one afterall.
Gingerbread Catalysts yumm.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 9. Aug 20, 23:05

Pref, does that gate apparatus that you built interfere with capital ships trying to navigate through the gate?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 9. Aug 20, 23:37

russbo wrote:
Sun, 9. Aug 20, 23:05
Pref, does that gate apparatus that you built interfere with capital ships trying to navigate through the gate?
Not that i know of, when i built the first i sent through 10 or so odys and a carrier back and forth a couple times to test pathing, but they just passed fine. S/M can fly through in every direction. Haven't had issues at all though i wasn't watching them for hours, just visited to check on bigger incoming enemy forces.
I only saw L ships kissing station geometry when they tried to evade or attack right after exiting the gate, then they might pick a wrong vector rarely - but that looks realistic, humans could panic in that situation too.

This split army (5 destroyer + supply ship) had no issues to pass the tunnel even though they were fighting against me and the station. Even when they had to maneuvre inside they did it well, without flying into the structure, saw no pathing problem during this encounter even though i replayed the thing a couple times.

Ymmv, but i was surprised how well ai pathing works with it.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 12:13

Hi,

Wanted to try this out but ran into some trouble....
1st, not all items in the build are available = of course if you play start as Argon it is no problem at all, all items are practically available, when using another start scenario, things might get different. Luckily I had a rather good relation with ANT and HOP, so I could go there and buy the needed structures.
2nd is the positioning of the build... I am no beginner but never searched for this, How do I rotate this construction in one piece to the right position in front of a gate?
As I said, I did not find anything, nor have I really searched for it, i've been stuttering through constructions of stations, not the best part of the game, it is flawed huge and makes me sometimes feel like a handicap.

So if anyone of you have a tip for me? Thanks in advance...
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 15:10

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 22. Aug 20, 12:13
Hi,

1st, not all items in the build are available = of course if you play start as Argon it is no problem at all, all items are practically available, when using another start scenario, things might get different. Luckily I had a rather good relation with ANT and HOP, so I could go there and buy the needed structures.
Hey,

All the def platforms and connectors are available for EMP/normal leaks in case you don't have the relation.
Mr.Killer wrote:
2nd is the positioning of the build... I am no beginner but never searched for this, How do I rotate this construction in one piece to the right position in front of a gate?
As I said, I did not find anything, nor have I really searched for it, i've been stuttering through constructions of stations, not the best part of the game, it is flawed huge and makes me sometimes feel like a handicap.

You need to position it as close to the required spot as the game allows. When you have placed it you can extend the plot without restriction so your plot will be in front of the gate (i never let them touch though).
I try to extend them so that the gate is in the middle of the plot when looking from the front/back of the gate and only bigger by like 3-5 cross conn module size in the 3 possible directions - except for the direction towards the original plot centre.
Then it is easy to manually place it during build, just align it so there is an equal distance in those 3 directions from the plot boundary.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 15:32

pref wrote:
Sat, 22. Aug 20, 15:10
Mr.Killer wrote:
Hi,

Hey,

All the def platforms and connectors are available for EMP/normal leaks in case you don't have the relation.
Mr.Killer wrote:

You need to position it as close to the required spot as the game allows. When you have placed it you can extend the plot without restriction so your plot will be in front of the gate (i never let them touch though).
I try to extend them so that the gate is in the middle of the plot when looking from the front/back of the gate and only bigger by like 3-5 cross conn module size in the 3 possible directions - except for the direction towards the original plot centre.
Then it is easy to manually place it during build, just align it so there is an equal distance in those 3 directions from the plot boundary.
This is not what I mean, The schematic is placed in a 45 degree angle opposite of the gate, so I need to turn it 45 degrees in order to let it line up with the gate and not to block it.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”