1.6 Bug Insuffienct Funds

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sorcerer1234
x4

1.6 Bug Insuffienct Funds

Post by sorcerer1234 » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 00:22

Can't use SETA anymore in 1.6 because every 5 secs, somebody pops on the screen saying I have insufficient funds, but all my stations have plenty of cash and pressing F comes up with nothing, and their is nothing in the logs. So I have no idea who Is actually short of funds, I have 1 billion credits in my main account, and each stations has between 10 -30 million credits in each, depending on size.

Has anybody else seen this?

keeshah
x4

Re: 1.6 Bug Insuffienct Funds

Post by keeshah » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 05:35

You should look closer, the accounts of your stations go negative. What shouldn't be possible, but it it obviously. Some autoscript, that transfers money to the playeraccount, goes wild.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 06:32

Just wow that this went live even though there were pages of people reporting this in beta forum...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 14:33

There will be a fix for the autotransfer issue (funds going negative) in a future build.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sorcerer1234
x4

Post by sorcerer1234 » Tue, 29. Jan 19, 23:42

It's strange because I checked all of the stations and none of them have a - figure next to the credits, everybody is +, at yet I still get the messages from different stations coming thought. I was thinking could it be the station construction account instead?

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 06:52

Same thing, I noticed it started after transferring more than 1 billion credits into the player account. Up until that point, with the factories keeping most of the funds, I had stability.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 11:23

Yes, a manual fund transfer can upset the algorithm for autotransfers after that in some circumstances. The devs are aware of it and a fix is coming in a future build.

EDIT: 1.60 Hotfix 1 released today may have addressed at least a part of this:
• Fixed negative station budgets and accounts.

xxxmina

Post by xxxmina » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 11:49

Its jan 30th, the bug just happened to me. 3 stations transfered 2.3mill 2 station transfered 10 mill and another 50 mill. I was stupid enough to return one of the 10 mill and all of the 2.3 mills but at this point is there a way to destroy the stations and keep the money?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 11:54

Sorry, this is the tech forum where we try to fix issues rather than the gameplay/exploit forum where we try to take advantage of them. :D

xxxmina

Post by xxxmina » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 13:55

So turns out destroying the stations does erase the dept . Only downside is you get these grey plots where the station used to be. What i did is have a builder erase all the buildings except the docking piece and then i just destroyed that with a corvette . 2 corvette is better. When one overheats you switch to the other. Also turns out i was reading the date wrong. I thought this post was from jan 19th. Turns out its from jan 30 2019...

Bystander
x4

Post by Bystander » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 18:00

Destroying the station was a bit overkill! ;)
The issue only happened if you used the player info window to transfer monies, it was fixable by transferring any amount using the station info window, so just go through all the broken stations and fix them that way.

xxxmina

Post by xxxmina » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 00:27

If i didnt destroy the station i would have has to return the money or be constantly told the station is out of money. I got to keep 51 million for a station that only cost 3 mil to build. I deconstructed all the building except the landing section. That i had to destroy. As far as i can tell i dont owe qnyone anything. I dont even consider it an exploit. My ****** station manager screwed up the books and i erased the evidence. I used the money to build a carrier which couldn't attack the station. I build a destroyer and its guns were still garbage against the station. In the end 2 corvette with 5 bolt guns each destroyed the landing section in 5 min. I just had to teleport between the 2 when guns over heated.

One suggestion. In the future i recomend some heatsink mechanics. Maybe heatsinks we can deploy like flares to cool the guns.

2nd suggestion, maybe animate the ships some more, when im in 3rd person view of ship it looks like in flying a cut out. The ships need to fly more naturally. Feels like im flying cardboard cut outs.

Quick question, do i get the building materials back when i deconstruct a building?

2nd question, a ship i ordered seems to be in queue and its not being built. Seems like all matrial is available but there is a stat then number 11 then time to complete but its not moving.

xxxmina

Post by xxxmina » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 12:11

So it looks like the bug was fixed.

1. the stations I destroyed, I got to keep the money from.
2. stations that weren't destroyed. the balance was set to 0 and my total money went down.

I still got some saved games that my balance seem higher. im afraid to open them and lose that money.

sorcerer1234
x4

Post by sorcerer1234 » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 22:46

After I dropped the amount of many in my main account below 1 billion problem has gone away also, so I guess I just have the trust the station managers with my cash :D
russbo wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 06:52
Same thing, I noticed it started after transferring more than 1 billion credits into the player account. Up until that point, with the factories keeping most of the funds, I had stability.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”