[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ScandyNav
x4

Re: [Mod] a ship mod

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 12:04

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:54
Available ships right now:
Arawn, Sucellus and Taranis.

Download and pictures:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
I think you should start making this mod as separeted files. Because balanced verision of Taranis is quite good, but Sucellus without main guns in that version is not.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 13:22

ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 12:04
sco1981 wrote:

Download and pictures:
I think you should start making this mod as separeted files. Because balanced verision of Taranis is quite good, but Sucellus without main guns in that version is not.
I don't play the balanced version. Is the Sucellus too weak? The Sucellus should have 3 main guns in the balanced and 6 in the battleship version.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 13:39

sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 13:22
ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 12:04
sco1981 wrote:

Download and pictures:
I don't play the balanced version. Is the Sucellus too weak? The Sucellus should have 3 main guns in the balanced and 6 in the battleship version.
It's not weak. Just looks kind a not in its role. Its model intended to have main spinal weaponry.
As for Arawan, balanced verision is decent in terms of power, but looks very poor visually with low amount of turrets.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 14:28

ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 13:39
It's not weak. Just looks kind a not in its role. Its model intended to have main spinal weaponry.
As for Arawan, balanced verision is decent in terms of power, but looks very poor visually with low amount of turrets.
You can edit the xml file of the Sucellus and bring back the main weapons, which i quoted out.
I don't have much options. X4 big ships have too few turrets, so it looks poor in the balanced version anyway.

VonTbear

Post by VonTbear » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 14:49

Im testing your ships like crazy but here is what i have for battleship tarranis

1. To Keep true to the battleship name there should be Max 8 S class ships and 1 pad. Its a BS not a carrier

I actualy find it pretty well balanced but have one small request (turrets layout))

2. There are the 8 turret group on eatch side i would recomend that they got devided into two groups insted

1-2-2-2-2-2-2-1 (and have group 1 misile turrets only)

Reson. That way you can mount misile turrets as misile defence (and be able to assign the group for this instead of all 8 turrets)

3. 900+ misiles please decrease to 400. 900 are way way way to mutch

Beside all this i love it and it is the ship im using...

With respect
Lars

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 15:27

VonTbear wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 14:49
Im testing your ships like crazy but here is what i have for battleship tarranis

1. To Keep true to the battleship name there should be Max 8 S class ships and 1 pad. Its a BS not a carrier

I actualy find it pretty well balanced but have one small request (turrets layout))

2. There are the 8 turret group on eatch side i would recomend that they got devided into two groups insted

1-2-2-2-2-2-2-1 (and have group 1 misile turrets only)

Reson. That way you can mount misile turrets as misile defence (and be able to assign the group for this instead of all 8 turrets)

3. 900+ misiles please decrease to 400. 900 are way way way to mutch

Beside all this i love it and it is the ship im using...

With respect
Lars
Thank you for testing. :)
The standard values for shipstorage are 40 and 100 in X4, but you can create a new one with only 8 ships in the \assets\props\SurfaceElements\macros folder if you like.
I would like to divide the turret groups, but the gui only allows to change the turret commands to 11 groups yet.
Which version do you play? The Taranis should only have 350, i think. :gruebel:

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 16:47

First of, thanks for going through all the effort. I really love the mod so far, I only have a few personal problems with the Arawn.

1. Cockpit placement right above the Main Radar dish, the noise is distracting and knowing that the cockpit is effectively paced at a spot where no superstructure is present feels kinda off. I know that for sake of playability the position is great because it gives a nice overview of the ship, still it feels wrong.

2. Docking placement. The ai cant properly use most of them and some M-Class ships like the Cerberus cant even be manually docked because its somehow registered to big. I know that some docks are placed to hide holes in the model, but I think it would be better if all docks where placed on the outside of the ship and not rotated by 90°. Might as well plug the holes on the inside with a shield generator model or something else which is not a dock. it makes the ai go nuts.
As a suggestion, is it possible to place the 2 M-Docks in those little crevaces next to the shield generator behind the cockpit area and remove the sideway ones in the back and front.

Thats all the issues I personally have with the Arawn.
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 16:56

New version released:

- Added one Player logo to every ship. Resize or more logos are not possible yet.
- Fixed hole in the Arawn and removed the docks inside the ship.
- Fixed balanced Version in size and turret layout.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 17:09

DJ_D wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 16:47
First of, thanks for going through all the effort. I really love the mod so far, I only have a few personal problems with the Arawn.

1. Cockpit placement right above the Main Radar dish, the noise is distracting and knowing that the cockpit is effectively paced at a spot where no superstructure is present feels kinda off. I know that for sake of playability the position is great because it gives a nice overview of the ship, still it feels wrong.

2. Docking placement. The ai cant properly use most of them and some M-Class ships like the Cerberus cant even be manually docked because its somehow registered to big. I know that some docks are placed to hide holes in the model, but I think it would be better if all docks where placed on the outside of the ship and not rotated by 90°. Might as well plug the holes on the inside with a shield generator model or something else which is not a dock. it makes the ai go nuts.
As a suggestion, is it possible to place the 2 M-Docks in those little crevaces next to the shield generator behind the cockpit area and remove the sideway ones in the back and front.

Thats all the issues I personally have with the Arawn.
Will look into the cockpit and move it a bit.
I removed the inside docks. Could you make screentshots of which docks the ai cant use please? I only saw a frighter land on the front M dock and this take a long time but he lands finally.

If i will replace the M docks to your suggested position, then it will create some clipping when ships goes down in the dock or come out of the docks. But i will look into it.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 17:29

I was talking about the inside docks, those were the ones the ai coundnt use in sector or while beeing on board. Once I was further away or out of sector, it had no problems with those. Was an error on my part.
The M-Dock in the back and front can be used by all m-Ships I tried so far except the Cerberus, it keeps spinning and stopped docking about 45 minutes in. When flyig mmanually, the collision avoidance the game has, keeps pushing the carbeus away from the ship.

I will install the updated version now and check it out. Then I will get back to you asap.

Thanks for looking into it =)
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 18:41

I <3 Arawn. Great mod thanks.

May I be as forward to suggest an addition:

Could you create an optional addon that implements carmaster's mobile production mod, to give the Arawn ability to repair/equip docked ships?
https://bitbucket.org/aftokinito/x4-mob ... production

It requires PlayerOwnedShipProduction and MobileShipProduction mods as dependencies though.

I've added the modifications to your mod in my game. Works as intended (had to build new ship though / didn't affect already build ship in the save).
Now my Flagship can remain behind enemy lines restocking its bomber squadrons. v0v

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 19:37

Im a bit curious as to the reasoning for the Arawn, being a heavy destroyer, being weaker (in shield and hull) and faster than the Taranis. Me thinks the Arawn needs alot more drag then it's got right now lol

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 20:03

unit757 wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 19:37
Im a bit curious as to the reasoning for the Arawn, being a heavy destroyer, being weaker (in shield and hull) and faster than the Taranis. Me thinks the Arawn needs alot more drag then it's got right now lol
Yeah I remember in XR that a Taranis 1 on 1 vs a Arawn didn't fair well at all, that thing was wreaked by the Arawn singlehandedly. Arawn had more shields, more hull and many more turrets.

ShadowTek49

Post by ShadowTek49 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 20:51

I'm not sure about the balanced version as I don't use it.
UPDATED

The Battleship version:

Arawn
Hull: 1,000,000
XL Shields: 4
Shields:370,260
Speed: 222

Taranis
Hull: 400,000
XL Shields: 3
Shields:277,695
Speed: 146

That's about right yeah? (except for speed, you are right about that)

So yeah, speed is off Taranis should be faster (or Arawn slower)

EDIT:
X-Rebirth stats

Arawn
Hull: 6,000,000
Shields: 3,600,000
Speed: 60 m/s

Taranis
Hull: 2,100,000
Shields: 1,800,000
Speed: 80 m/s

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 22:41

Yeah it was the balanced version I was talking about, sorry. I've never been one for "I WIN" ships.

I've just edited a personal copy bringing their stats and weapon numbers even closer to vanilla ships.

Reason for the speed is the Arawn has 4 XL engines vs the Taranis's 2, which makes a difference.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 23:14

I just checked out the docking behaviour of S and M class ships with the newest version of the mod.it seems like the docks in the front and the one m-dock in the back are too obstructed for the ai to dock directly, I just witnessed 2 of my nemesis ships flying circles around the front and the back of the arawn for about 15 minutes (with seta) before they finally managed to start the docking animation, which by itsself took another 5 minutes (still with seta enabled). I had to constantly reenable SETA because of the collision avoidance it kept turning itsself off. Without Seta it took almost an hour (had it starting the docking proccedure while I was making dinner, and once I came back it was almost done docking). The S-class ships behaved similar in the front docks. They all found their designated docking spots eventually, after reclessly bumping into my ship for a few minutes and then giving up and clipping through the ship or teleporting themselves straight to their docks.

Defence drones seem to be a completely different story. they went on a strike after defending my ship and outright refused to dock again. Once they finally figured out they can use the 2 top side s-docks they gladly complied and docked.

In short, no docking issues whatsoever on the two top side s-docks. A few pathfinding issues with the s and m docks in front and the one M dock in the back. Manually docking works fine on all of them. Just feels wierd standing on a "wall" :lol:

Removing the "inside" S-class docks really helped with pathfinding but I had to build a new Arawn because the model didnt update and I got left an old "holey" Arawn.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 23:52

I moved the 8 forward S docks up where the L turrets are on the balanced version, and removed those, and it works pretty well. I didn't have an issue with the rear M dock either, ship docked right away without issue.

It's funny that ships had such an issue with the internal docks, because even on vanilla ships they have no problem clipping right through the ship. Almost every fighter Ive seen dock at a Behemoth always comes from the bottom and clips through the ship and dock before it actually docks.

ShadowTek49

Post by ShadowTek49 » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 00:06

unit757 wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 22:41
Yeah it was the balanced version I was talking about, sorry. I've never been one for "I WIN" ships.

I've just edited a personal copy bringing their stats and weapon numbers even closer to vanilla ships.

Reason for the speed is the Arawn has 4 XL engines vs the Taranis's 2, which makes a difference.
Sure I understand :)
Course it depends on what other mods you use (I use allot of mods)

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 00:27

ShadowTek49 wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 00:06
unit757 wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 22:41

Sure I understand :)
Course it depends on what other mods you use (I use allot of mods)
Yeah I generally try not to upset game balance this early on.

Back on the topic of the Arawn docks, I wonder if the AI would handle internal docks better if the large front hanger door was opened, giving them an easier path inside?

As always though, keep up the good work! Are you planning at adding in any of the frigates? Personally hoping for the Balor

Vince_K
xr

Post by Vince_K » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 02:50

sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 08:55
Vince_K wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 03:17
I'm having difficulty getting this mod to work. I have the GOG version of X4. I unpacked the mod files in the extensions directory in my documents folder, and the ships do not load. I then placed it in the extensions folder I created in the Root\game directory and still the ships do not load. Any advise?
it should looks like:
Gamedirectory\extensions\ashipmod\ext_01.cat, ext_01.dat and content.xml
Thank you for your reply. I have it set up as instructed, however the game will not start. Any additional attempts to launch the game produces a pop up stating that the game is already running.
GOG Galaxy\Games\X4 Foundations\extensions\ashipmod\Content.xml, ext_01, ext_01.dat
What am I missing? Thank you so much for your assistance with this.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”