Sector Seizewell

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NitramAkloh
x4

Sector Seizewell

Post by NitramAkloh » Mon, 16. Oct 23, 18:17

What I find a shame about X4 is that there is no longer my favorite sector Seizewell at all. This may seem sentimental, but since X - Beyond The Frontier, Seizewell has always been the most important sector for me. After all, it was Julian Brennan's first step upon entering the community universe. And for the player, who gathered his first experiences with the many possibilities of the X-Universe here.
Therefore I miss Seizewell. Let's ask a question among you modder-knowledgeable people: Is there a mod that includes this sector? Or would it be very costly to create this one yourself? Maybe someone of you sector hobbyists understands this also as a profitable inspiration for his mod project?
With profitable, teliadan greetings :)

Scoob
x4

Re: Sector Seizewell

Post by Scoob » Mon, 16. Oct 23, 21:49

Ah, yes. It'd be good to see that sector again. I note that even after the latest DLC, there are still several "inactive" gates around the map... hopefully that means more official sectors are planned, and we get to see some old favourites.

Part of me wondered if it'd ever be possible to mod aspects of the older games into X4. For example, no connected Terran faction at the start of the game, but the player arrives in the X Shuttle and the old XbtF story goes from there. Retelling the story from X2 would be pretty cool too.

Each version of X has seen things "reimagined" from ship designs from XbtF through to X2 The Threat and the various X3 titles. X3 Albion Prelude (thought to be the last game on that engine at the time) and of course the relatively recent Farnham's Legacy. Rebirth and X4 totally reimagined the sectors of course, and added stuff like Travel Drive and Highways. Still, the old plot lines could work with that I'm sure.

Nostalgia :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 19. Oct 23, 19:34

I included it, together with other X3-inspired sectors, in my XRSGE mod. Is called New Seizewell thou, to be ketp lore-friendly. It is the capital sector of Ministry system. XRSGE has whole systems and each faction has at least one system, so each has a capital planet that you can fly to and from (low orbit to high orbit)

NitramAkloh
x4

Post by NitramAkloh » Fri, 20. Oct 23, 18:36

Hello realspace. Yes, I know it. But I thought it's a subsector from Ianamus Zura? And It's not the origin Seizewell because of the gate shutdowns I suppose. I should continue playing with your mod. But now StarWars Interworlds is out. So that will have to wait for now. :mrgreen:

Wilsonatron
x4

Post by Wilsonatron » Wed, 15. May 24, 23:29

Kyle brennen i think you mean for X-BTF Julian was his son his appearance is in X2

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”