Defense station designs for sector takeover

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

Defense station designs for sector takeover

Post by foxxbl » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 00:02

HI!
Anyone having a good design tips for creation of the defense stations.
I am destroying Faulty Logic I stations currently and prepared to build a couple of defense stations there to contest/take over the sector.
Thanks!

russbo
x4

Re: Defense station designs for sector takeover

Post by russbo » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 07:40

I use a small factory for all of my "sector takeovers". I grab a piece of sector at least 6 km in all dimensions (costs nothing), then in the plan build, first place an admin center (game seems to like that for taking over possession of sectors), then a small dock. I add two security discs fully loaded with turrets and shields, one habitat, and for the hell of it, add a solar panel and one storage container, followed by the requisite "3 tier" dock for the larger ships that the plan build always seems to call for (gives me a place to dock my destroyers when I want to "garage" them).

The sector seems to takeover once the admin building is built, at which time a manager will be asked for (which is why I do the small dock second; it gets built second, and I can then dock a small ship and drop off a manager, thus relieving me of the notifications). I also add one cargo ship as a subordinate. The habitat is for workers, the solar panels are for energy and make a little money (for the eventual build of drones and purchase of food stuffs and materials)

Might be a bit overkill, costs me around ten million to build, but they eventually start making money, and they hold their own very well against counterattack.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 12:23

Admin centers are cheap and easy. You shouldn't need anything big. Just fit an admin center and a small dock with small container storage (if you want drones and missiles). Don't bother with large piers. Don't bother with habs it would be pointless on an admin station. Don't bother with production either since the admin center is a giant target. Add Teladi discs if you want weapons attached or not to the station it makes no difference. Teladi discs seem to be the best. I keep forgetting to check if an admin station with defense modules needs container storage to restock missiles and drones. All in all should cost you but a few mil at best. Build will be pretty fast.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 14:50

Thanks both for good tips.
Bridge defence any good or I can build just disc defences?
Cheers!

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 15:14

foxxbl wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 14:50
Thanks both for good tips.
Bridge defence any good or I can build just disc defences?
Cheers!
Aesthetically you might want to mix it up. Teladi discs have 10 L turrets and 4 shields. The nid and argon ones I think have less L turrets (8?). I could be mistaken as I build stations and start new saves to build more all the time. Bridge modules have even less L turrets. Modules also don't need to be attached so you can plop discs in all the corners to float and cover areas. Ideally, I think Admins are best out in BFE but the combat and war in this game don't require much min/max. Oh and pure admin/defense requires zero upkeep. All you do is plop a manager down.

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 20:20

I have used the following in Xenon sectors where the bases do get attacked (built in this order)

Admin centre
Small dock S/M
Single pier L/XL
Defence disk(s) 1-2 depending on threat level (or supply needs - see below)

I use the argon defence disc which allows 8 M turrets (I use a 50/50 mix of pulse/bolt) and 16 L turrets ( I use 8xL tracking with heavy smart missiles - 800 per disc) and 8x plasma

The L pier is useful for bulk delivery of wares required to build drones and missiles (components and smart chips) and also allows cap ships to supply or be supplied with missiles/drones (once the confirmed bug in this area is fixed lol)

The above setup works well both IS and OOS against xenon attacks, including capships

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 21:53

caltrop wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 20:20
I have used the following in Xenon sectors where the bases do get attacked (built in this order)

Admin centre
Small dock S/M
Single pier L/XL
Defence disk(s) 1-2 depending on threat level (or supply needs - see below)

I use the argon defence disc which allows 8 M turrets (I use a 50/50 mix of pulse/bolt) and 16 L turrets ( I use 8xL tracking with heavy smart missiles - 800 per disc) and 8x plasma

The L pier is useful for bulk delivery of wares required to build drones and missiles (components and smart chips) and also allows cap ships to supply or be supplied with missiles/drones (once the confirmed bug in this area is fixed lol)

The above setup works well both IS and OOS against xenon attacks, including capships
So if I have a defense module on a station, how do I build drones and missiles? I know that drones are built automatically, but how about missiles?

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 22:05

For missiles, you need to have missile turrets built

You also need to buy the blueprint for the missile types you want to equip - I bought mine from SCA HQ

Once you have these, you can set the amount of missiles you want in the logical overview, like you do for drones

The station manager will order missile components and smart chips as needed. Alternatively you can dock ships that are equipped with the same missile type and transfer them

For drones, the station manager will order drone components and smart chips, once you choose how many you want and which types in the logical overview.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”