Destroying the Xenon Amp in 6.0

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zloth2
x4

Destroying the Xenon Amp in 6.0

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:43

I'm doing a second playthrough and, given my first playthrough back under 4.0, I brought along 60 laser towers to make the battle easier. I circled around the amp, popping lasers out all over the place, shot some of the pipes, and started flying around... but the lasers just sat there!? Yaki and Xenon swarmed me, and I died.

On re-load, I tried again, this time dropping laser towers after blowing my cover by shooting the amp. That worked, but dropping lasers isn't all that easy, so I tried pausing the game and dumping a bunch at once. Not a good plan. Dropping even one laser while moving with the new physics engine can stick you to it for several seconds - dropping several, well:

I did eventually get the towers out by strafing DOWNWARD after each drop and never dropping more than one.

Another problem was hanging around, though. Thanks to the random number gods, a Xenon solar station was near the amplifier!

I didn't have any trouble with the turrets, but the defense drones came to the amplifier's rescue. Near the end of the battle, it looked like this:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

soladept
x4

Re: Destroying the Xenon Amp in 6.0

Post by soladept » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:43

if you were in the plot Moreya/Katana with the IFF spoofing thats probably messing with your lasertowers targeting.

its much easier to run back to report on the Yaki and get the Syn and drive it back to kill the Amp, reporting back to your handler on the Yaki is independent of the Amplifiers status. as long as theres no I hugging a gate or accellerator you can usualy fly through fine. between the Syn and your allied buddies the amp and the Yaki defenders should go down easy as long as random xenon caps dont stroll in.

Wheem
x4

Post by Wheem » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 06:06

soladept wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 21:43
if you were in the plot Moreya/Katana with the IFF spoofing thats probably messing with your lasertowers targeting.
Going by the screenshots, he was in a Katana at the time.

Alia5
x4

Post by Alia5 » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 12:53

I just got the syn, came back, obliterated the Amp, docked and was done with it, :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”