[7.0 Beta 2] Too many wares loaded on Station-assigned Ship (Save)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[7.0 Beta 2] Too many wares loaded on Station-assigned Ship (Save)

Post by Scoob » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 16:55

Hi,

Please examine this saved game.

Once loaded, pause so you're not rushed, then look at ship "Freighter - Heron E 01 (EFX-424)" which is a "trade for Commander" subordinate of Station "02 Scrap Recycler". This ship is currently delivering Claytronics to the Build Storage of my Station "04 Production: Food and Medical Supplies".

The issue is that despite the Buy Order being for 899 Claytronics, the ship loaded up with a total of 1,291 Claytronics, meaning it has excess wares left over in the cargo hold, potentially compromising future trades. Sure, other ships (two M-Class Transporters) are also assigned to "Trade for Commander" at this station, so they too are moving Building resource around. However, shouldn't they co-ordinate their trades so excess wares are not loaded on the ship in the first place?

Note: this is not a new issue, I had some problems with this in my v6.2 game.

Basically, a "Trade for Commander" ship assigned to a station is LOADING more wares than the BUY Offer it's trying to satisfy demands.

The save is from after the Wares are already loaded on the ship of course, as I didn't notice it until it happened. I have however seen the after-effects of this a number of times, with me having to manually unload excess wares back into the source station.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Too many wares loaded on Station-assigned Ship (Save)

Post by CBJ » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 17:26

Do you have a 6.20 savegame that demonstrates this when continuing to play in 6.20? I'm asking because this is a fairly normal thing to see after a round of rebalancing. When a ship's cargo space is reduced in an update, ships that are already carrying more cargo than will fit with the new limit will not suddenly lose the excess cargo; they will be able to continue flying with it until they deliver it in the normal way, and only then will the new cargo space limit come into force.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 14:00

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 24, 17:26
Do you have a 6.20 savegame that demonstrates this when continuing to play in 6.20? I'm asking because this is a fairly normal thing to see after a round of rebalancing. When a ship's cargo space is reduced in an update, ships that are already carrying more cargo than will fit with the new limit will not suddenly lose the excess cargo; they will be able to continue flying with it until they deliver it in the normal way, and only then will the new cargo space limit come into force.
Sorry CBJ, I missed your reply.

I don't have a 6.20 save as I started this game fresh with v7.0 Beta 1.

I'm regularly seeing my ships loading up on more wares than the Buy order demands. Specifically at this station as it's been supplying my local station builds and feeding the Wharf. I've been periodically checking all the assigned traders and manually offloading Claytronics as needed. It does appear to be just Claytronics that's affected here.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 3. May 24, 19:42

Hi,

I have an updated save here that will show the issue given a little time.

Load it and wait, while watching the M-Class Transporters of station "02 Scrap Recycler...".

As time progresses, the ships reporting to this station will feed my network of stations with Energy Cells, Claytronics and Hull Parts. The main consumers are the nearby Shipyard - queue up some ships to ensure consumption - as well as a couple of "Equipment Docks" - stations with S/M Ship Maintenance Bays. As time passes, these ships will deliver the needed items BUT, they will also start to become over-loaded. I.e. they'll load up on 100 units of Claytronics to satisfy an order for just 4. It takes time. I made this save about 20 minutes ago or so, game time, and as I played, several of that station's subordinate Transporters started loading up on excess wares.

Note: this save was started in v7.0 Beta 1, it was never continued from a prior version, so has nothing to do with it being an older v6.20 save or anything.

Since creating the station in question, I have periodically manually emptied any ships that load up on too many wares for the given Buy order. If I didn't they'd grind to a halt. I have another station that just supplies me, "04 Production: Good and Medical Supplies" and this station's traders never seem to have an issue.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”