[FEEDBACK] Recall Subordinates (7.0 Beta 2)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

fermiredshirt

[FEEDBACK] Recall Subordinates (7.0 Beta 2)

Post by fermiredshirt » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 14:07

Recall Subordinates still is a problem for ships with drones. AI commanded Ships will lose their cargo drones and enter recall subordinates repeatedly when collect is enabled. Ships will continually issue Recall Subordinates command even when under fire or in a blacklist location. There is no command to abandon subordinates or deprioritize recall. Why is a 30mc ship waiting to die, continually reissuing recall subordinates, for a 10kc drone? makes no sense. Recall subordinates needs a lower priority or the ability to actually cancel the order without it being reissued.

fermiredshirt

Re: [FEEDBACK] Recall Subordinates (7.0 Beta 2)

Post by fermiredshirt » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 14:26

scenario 1. on an asgard not in command. AI commanded asgard has follow ship command issued with cargo drones set to collect. asgard follows ship through an asteroid field creating ore and Ice, drones go to collect ore and Ice, asgard continues through jumpgate. asgard recalls subordinates and gets stuck for am hour waiting for drones. I cant cancel recall subordinates without it reissuing.

scenario 2 tell a fleet to flee. aux ship tries to recall subordinates instead of fleeing. remove assigned subordinates only drones left aux keeps trying to recall subordinates instead of fleeing. similar to getting stuck in dock.

fermiredshirt

Post by fermiredshirt » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 14:39

scenario 3. ship has 3 of 4 cargo drones docked. drones are disabled . ship goes about its orders for 5 hours. take control of ship and give it back to AI captain then instead of continuing about its orders as it has for hours it tries to recall subordinates continually.

fermiredshirt

Post by fermiredshirt » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 15:09

fermiredshirt wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 24, 14:39
scenario 3. ship has 3 of 4 cargo drones docked. drones are disabled . ship goes about its orders for 5 hours. take control of ship and give it back to AI captain then instead of continuing about its orders as it has for hours it tries to recall subordinates continually.
save is to big to attach
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CPRNvl ... drive_link

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 4. May 24, 20:41

I might add here to the discussion: My freshly bought Heron E had its cargo drones free to roam, when I wanted to dock at shipyard in Holy vision, it got stuck in Nopilious F. VI. So I waited and waited, and finally I took the control and flew to the station. There I wanted it to let it go on it's own, trade and stuff, but the first thing it went to do again, even after I cleared the que, recall subordinates, while everything is onboard!

Is this a bug or am I overseeing something critical here?
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ekuy86tk ... slrer&dl=0

Notice the info ship - drone behaviour, the capacity is 10, 4 repair drones and 6 on board and 1 is active?
I have sifted through the route from where I bought it, but could not find a drone. Just as I entered Nopilious F. VI, then I had to make this wild turn to go further south and then I noticed that two drones escaped. So, then I recalled them and that even took a while, handed it over to the cap.
After I did not see any drone, I took control.... Hope this helped.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”