[7.0 Beta 3] Mako animation: hatch door closes before lift has fully entered

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Y-llian
x4

[7.0 Beta 3] Mako animation: hatch door closes before lift has fully entered

Post by Y-llian » Wed, 1. May 24, 10:40

Good morning good devs,

This one has been around since at least v6 but I thought I'd mention again. There seems to be a slight mistiming of the door/hatch animations on the Mako, which causes the player to "jump" momentarily when you enter the cockpit... This is very easy to repo.

1. In the attached save, you'll find your self under the Make with the lift lowered. In the first instance, remain under the ship and select the lift to make it go up. Look up as the lift enters the ship - you'll note that that the hatch door closes before the lift has fully entered the cockpit.

2. Bring the lift down again. This time, get into the lift and activate - you'll note that the player character will "jump" (best way I can describe) when you enter the cockpit.

Here is the save
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amwb-pepD9U6gqNJPQZ ... g?e=6Z2yE8

Here is the discussion thread in the tech forum from around v6 - added so you have some background and for completeness.
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=453723&p=5173825& ... o#p5173825

Hope it's helpful.

Best
Y.

Y-llian
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 3] Mako animation: hatch door closes before life has fully entered

Post by Y-llian » Wed, 1. May 24, 10:41

haha

Can one of moderators please correct my typo in the title. That should be 'lift' not 'life' - though it's a hilarious typo...

** Walks off giggling**

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”