This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Angbahamut
x4

Post by Angbahamut » Thu, 2. May 24, 23:12

Hi,

I'm actually playing a custom game on the Xenon side, and try to play only with Xenon Technologies.

My Feedback is from BETA 3, I try BETA 4 the upcomming days.

In this state I have found some things:

- SE have cargo space for gases and minerals, but are only mining minerals when they are ordered to a station and mine for commander. Even removing the mining weapon does not change the mode
- It is actually not possible to use the Xenon construction style. So I have to build new Ships with classic components like weaponary and so on, which is also ok for me. So I build some bases which are construction classic materials, and for this I need the gas mining option, or Miners from other factions.
- At this Time there is no construction ship in a Xenon style available. Also no problem, but a little bit sad for playing pure Xenon Style
- The Xenon H is a great option for pirating transports or miners because of there universal cargo space. Would be nice if they could be L-Miners and order to mining for Stations.

In general some ideas I would to share with you and talk about:

I started my custom game in Mists of Artemis. This sector could be great for a Xenon gameplay start, because there are all ressources, except Ice. In a Custom Game start it is actual usefull to start with some small Fighters, the Kha'ak are always present and hunting for your miners. For those who want to see how and what I play, can watch it here (german language only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ1MGDj ... zWeFJAKxlV

I would like to get the option as a new Gamestart, or custom game, to play with a whole Xenon Style. Thats more RPG Gameplay, but would be really interesting. For making this feeling more intensive, there could be some small changes, if its not planned to lift them up as a minor faction like Terrans with completely own Buildings and Technologies:
- Adding a Xenon Construction Ship, or Re-skin a Terran Construction Ship
- Adding a S-Class transporter, maybe with universal Cargo like the H but in S-Size
- Adding a Xenon Faction Leader for buying Blueprints ?
- Use actual Xenon Designs to build your own stuff (Station Modules, buy from Faction Leader or hack them)
- Xenon Tech exclusive to Xenon Ships is ok for me
- Get the option to build the "old" Xenon Ships like P, S, M, K, I, ... and give them orders. That they can not be controlled is actual clear and ok for me.
- Enable the Option for Xenon construction style. Then we don't need so much new tech or station elements

Best greetings

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”