X4: Foundations - Public Beta 4 (HF 1) - resolved in beta 5

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

RomanKost
x4

X4: Foundations - Public Beta 4 (HF 1) - resolved in beta 5

Post by RomanKost » Sat, 4. May 24, 18:12

I have a scout in retreat order in case of an attak, and it's just blinked out on existance. The map pointer shows the ship way out the galaxy map. Before the hotfix it was not hapenning.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(106.51 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
save_002.xml.gz
Current Beta Save with sad bug
(45.43 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

atsmith66
x4

Re: X4: Foundations - Public Beta 4 (HF 1)

Post by atsmith66 » Sun, 5. May 24, 11:17

This happened to me last night with a Behemoth E. I don't have a save to share so I'm reporting this to help give more information to any dev trying to diagnose the problem

The Behemoth was meant to be travelling from Second Contact VII to Argon Prime (out of system / "low attention"). All of a sudden I noticed that it was in Second Contact II, out in an unexplored area that wasn't on its route and which it didn't travel to. You could see this because it was surrounded by 100's of KM of unexplored territory on all sides.

I'm assuming the "low attention" travel mechanics have a bug that's effectively "teleporting" the ship to a random location for some reason? Because I didn't see it happen, but noticed the displaced ship after the fact, I don't know whether this happened when travelling through a gate or whether the ship was moved from some arbitrary point.

Anyway hope this helps.

RomanKost
x4

Re: X4: Foundations - Public Beta 4 (HF 1)

Post by RomanKost » Wed, 8. May 24, 19:22

Problem solved in Public Beta 5.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”