Where shall I acquire my M7M?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FreudianSlip172
x3tc

Where shall I acquire my M7M?

Post by FreudianSlip172 » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 08:51

I am interested in entering the business of strategically reallocating government-owned capital ships in large numbers. To facilitate this objective, I seek to acquire a M7M. However, I do not find that it is fiscally responsible to actually pay money for one.

Where, then, would you fine folks suggest that I look around for a candidate vessel optimally suited to me stealing it? The particular type makes no odds to me, as it's just going to launch boarding pods and then go home.

Anything that involves hurting the Paranid is fine. Other than that, I would prefer to minimize reputation damage with the other governments.

I don't seem to see many of them just milling about... especially not in the convenient pirate sectors where this sort of activity is tolerated.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 09:13

Paranid Prime, Heavens Assertion, good places to start, with heavy Paranid Sector Patrols, and nice Capital ships. Trinity Sanctum is also another good area.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 11:26

Put up satellites in the systems with military bases - All the m7ms I see are homebased to those. With a satellite up, you can see where any ships that the military base owns are...

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 12:07

very good missile frigate is Skirnir
its unbuyable so you have to board it
and it is very easy to regain the Terran reputation

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 14:07

Help! Some pilots have abandoned an M7M in a nearby sector. It is fully operational and the cargo hold is full of missiles. Will you please claim it and return it to me? I will pay 250000 credits.

Rilder
x3tc

Post by Rilder » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 15:05

Bobucles wrote:Help! Some pilots have abandoned an M7M in a nearby sector. It is fully operational and the cargo hold is full of missiles. Will you please claim it and return it to me? I will pay 250000 credits.
And don't try running off with it! I got a destroyer captain on speed dial!

(>_>, trying to steal that Dragon seriously trashed my rep with the paranid and ended up costing AresCorp a couple NavSats and screwed up several of the companies traders)
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:Your average planet has a fair degree of stopping power.

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 15:28

zyriel wrote:very good missile frigate is Skirnir
OP wants to use the M7M to board ships, and the Skirnir can't fire pods in vanilla.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 17:58

Reimu Hakurei wrote:
zyriel wrote:very good missile frigate is Skirnir
OP wants to use the M7M to board ships, and the Skirnir can't fire pods in vanilla.
yes it can fire pods in vanilla
according to Stats compendum v2.18
the excel datasheet must have typo then

Cobra has best turning rate and nice speed i used that to board most capitalships , and its buyable=no rep loss :)

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 19:35

If you have any property in sectors with military outposts, just check the info on owned ships. It'll tell you what ships it owns and where they are. That'll probably find you a few M7Ms to choose from :twisted:

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

FreudianSlip172
x3tc

Post by FreudianSlip172 » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 19:54

I didn't know that about the military outposts owning the ships; thanks for pointing that out. That led me to a couple good candidate vessels, but I found a Kraken parked, immobile, all by itself, in a Boron core.

EVA boarding works fine on non-moving ships. Only one casualty out of 14. The Kraken did express his displeasure by firing Hammer barrages at my Hyperion, which was disconcerting. Interestingly, the sector police and other Boron vessels never raised an eyebrow at me this whole time...

I got the ship with 90 Hammers and a jumpdrive, at almost perfect hull. :twisted:

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 21:00

Nice one :)

Often, the locals will not show any interest unless you destroy a ship. Hammering it with missiles and nicking it, they just think is a laugh :P

The only time I've had locals turn nasty on me (without me having destroyed something) is when they are part of the same patrol wing. They do get upset if they are homebased to the M2 you are trying to board. Maybe they usually have friends on board? :twisted:

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Derkylos
x3tc

Post by Derkylos » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 23:43

I got my first (and only) M7M by watching the traffic in pirate sectors (is it just me, or do they have almost more race presence than race core space, sometimes?)

I managed (purely by luck) to catch it as it tried to go through a gate, thus leaving it an easy target for spacewalkers.
Sum, ergo cogito.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 12:27

In my games, I've tracked two M7M patrols that make journeys through unguarded sectors. Firstly there is an Ares group that makes its way between the Cardinal's Domain group of sectors and the Paranid Prime group, crossing Moo-Kye's Revenge on the way.

The second is a Cobra group that makes a LONG journey from Thuruk's Beard, out via Hatikvah's, Clarity's, Third Redemption, all the way through Moo-Kye's and the Cardinal's sectors, to Heaven's Assertion and finally stopping at Patriarch's Conclusion. If you can, nab them in the Paranid sectors between Moo-Kye's and Clarity's end. Those are nice, big and empty.

I would also add that military groups of all types come through Hatikvah's Faith, which is a veritable crossroads for all races -- if you decide you want a particular kind of ship plonk a satellite there and when you see a ship, start tracking it with an M5 or something. :)
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 15:34

You can steal them from ship recovery missions :)

Just make sure or very high in rank so it wont drop too much.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”