I a self-destruct for player vehicle, how do I destroy misplaced stations in x3tc/ap?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lamoyja
x3tc

I a self-destruct for player vehicle, how do I destroy misplaced stations in x3tc/ap?

Post by lamoyja » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 16:52

Haven't been able to find a self-destruct in the advanced screen of any of my assets other than my player ship. Is there a way to destroy assets that won't alter my game?

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 16:53

you have to be siting in the ship / docked at the station.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 16:54

If you sit still for 10 or so seconds after hitting the button you get a great view of the explosion.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 17:01

Quick tip.

If the you want to re-use the location of the the station, (for example if you're trying to make a neat complex and have dumped the wrong station in the wrong place), then drag the station somewhere nice and out of the way with the tractor beam before destructing it.

Destroyed stations are replaced with ugly station wreckage, a large lump that autopillock ships love to crash into and which blocks further station placement.

I'm told it might disappear eventually but I've never noticed so it will probably take half an eon to do so.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 17:11

And its way too easy to select the wrong destruct button, been there far too many times :evil:

Ship destruct should be disabled if docked at a station.

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 19:01

Wouldn't it make more sense to enable self destruct while NOT docked?

*boggle*

I think I'm going to have to *modified* my game with the cheat package just to get rid of all these junk stations. Sure I needed them once to produce computer chips for the albion storyline (considering NPC's don't produce anything when you need it), but that one time use is over. Now they're just polluting my asset list.

I'll look at a way to filter them out of the list perhaps. Maybe name them ZZZGarbage station, so they'll be at the end.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 19:24

lamoyja wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to enable self destruct while NOT docked?...
What? And have any Bob the Pirate fly by and activate it? Better to have to land and go through station security. At least, it gives the station inhabitants time to evacuate, too. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 21:34

Nanook wrote:
lamoyja wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to enable self destruct while NOT docked?...
What? And have any Bob the Pirate fly by and activate it? Better to have to land and go through station security. At least, it gives the station inhabitants time to evacuate, too. :P
Gives them 10 seconds to evacuate lol.

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 21:51

A lore reason? Really? Even if pirates had the ability to self-destruct stations they wouldn't be smart enough to. :)

Ok, well ... I only stock my stations with mindless robot workers, so remote self destruct would still be ideal.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 22:09

lamoyja wrote:A lore reason? Really? Even if pirates had the ability to self-destruct stations they wouldn't be smart enough to. :)

Ok, well ... I only stock my stations with mindless robot workers, so remote self destruct would still be ideal.
ha ha ha aparently those robots use steaks/bofu/etc as a biofuel :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”