[MOD]: Increased Visibility v202 (23/5/2007)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 13:29

that starts causing confusion in my downloads files lol, i will see what happens, since i am on the mission where i use the drone it will be almost immediate from my load that i find out
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 13:34

Sorry for the confusion, I should have keyed in a different version #...

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 23:12

you know i must of downloaded it not long before you updated the file lol literally i had been using the mod for about 30 minutes or more before i put in the problems lol.

all sorted out now by the looks
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 20:07

I've seem to have found an issue. In Spring of believe, unholy Descent, possible others, all gates, ships, factories, station debrey are invisible. Not sure why nothing is shown in these sectors.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 02:41

Hi there... please read the posts above and try downloading the newer version, regardless of what the version # tells you (the date is different!).

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 09:34

Is this the most effective script to rid the sectors of the dense fog?

:)

EDIT: The most effective MOD

Last edited by ORIOLE on Thu, 8. Mar 07, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 12:35

It's not a script :D

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 24. Apr 07, 13:32

ORIOLE wrote:Is this the most effective script to rid the sectors of the dense fog?

EDIT: The most effective MOD

Better late than never :D

Assumption: fog = nebula ie swirling mass in sectors like Rolk's Fate.

This mod does not remove the nebula effects insector.

It does however, make objects appear alot earlier, so u see more stuff further out.

If u remove the nebula, the sector looks really odd and very ugly, seems to me the background box is pretty ugly for most sectors which have nebula.

JCDenton513
x3

Post by JCDenton513 » Thu, 27. Sep 07, 19:26

You've made those nebula sectors bearable now. I at least don't mind when I have to enter them.

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Fri, 2. Nov 07, 22:58

Hi,
When I have the latest 30km spk installed, in the sector Rolk's Fate, I can't see any of the ships, stations, or star background, just the targeting square. It also cause the game to crash load that sector sometimes. It works great in every other sector though. Just an FYI

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 03:00

Hi, im running XTM and was getting something similar with all the sectors with the new XTM sector backgrounds, so i had to remove this mod.. a pity, because I really liked it! Arcana, how did u get rid of the fog effect as you fly through foggy sectors..?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 13:49

Algoran wrote:Hi, im running XTM and was getting something similar with all the sectors with the new XTM sector backgrounds, so i had to remove this mod.. a pity, because I really liked it! Arcana, how did u get rid of the fog effect as you fly through foggy sectors..?
Every sector has a corelated background info defined in TBackgrounds. In it are start and end values for when an object starts to "fade in" and when it completes the "fade in" to completely reveal itself.

X3 effects the "fade in" coupled with "fog" or "nebula" by having that plus low "fade in" values. Increase the "fade in" values and the ghostly appearance of objects is no more.

:D

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 00:36

Ah, that was not what i meant! I mean the actual lumps of coloured fog, as it were, that are drawn close to your ship and fly past you as you move. Your mod seemed to remove them, which is a good thing i feel :p

With regards to what you said though, does that mean the fade in value (line 24 is it?) is when the object is fully opaque? so the closer it is to the view distance value (25?) the less time the object spends transparent as you move closer to it?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 13:34

Algoran wrote:Ah, that was not what i meant! I mean the actual lumps of coloured fog, as it were, that are drawn close to your ship and fly past you as you move. Your mod seemed to remove them, which is a good thing i feel :p

With regards to what you said though, does that mean the fade in value (line 24 is it?) is when the object is fully opaque? so the closer it is to the view distance value (25?) the less time the object spends transparent as you move closer to it?
My apologies as I no longer have X3 on my PC, I can't say which line does what :oops:

Syriath

Post by Syriath » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 17:05

Hi, i'm having a problem with the 400k visibility mod. When I enter Rolk's Fate sector, everything is black and only the planets are visible. When i get to within 50 or so meters of a ship, tough, i can see it. Btw, i'm playing the plot game. It seems i'm having the same problem with the 50km visibility mod aswell.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 13:28

Syriath wrote:Hi, i'm having a problem with the 400k visibility mod. When I enter Rolk's Fate sector, everything is black and only the planets are visible. When i get to within 50 or so meters of a ship, tough, i can see it. Btw, i'm playing the plot game. It seems i'm having the same problem with the 50km visibility mod aswell.
X3: Terran Conflict or X3: The Reunion? I dunno what's wrong but this mod was developed for X3:TR and I don't have the game anymore.

random bypasser

Post by random bypasser » Fri, 6. Jun 14, 04:46

Here's a 400km version for Reunion, if anyone (as myself) will ever need it. Unpack near .exe, rename to latest number dat/cat (like, 10.cat and 10.dat).

In case the link will die, the way to make a "fake patch" yourself is like this:
1) install Total Commander (32 bit version, as plugin below is 32bit) - TC below
2) google and dl a plugin for TC to open/edit X3 .cat/.dat archives, install it (just open archive with TC and press ok 4 times or so)
3) open one of last .dat in X3 folder with TC, find types/TBackgrounds.txt - it contains sector descriptions. Press F4 in TC to edit
4) pair of big numbers in each string is fade in/fade out in game units, 50M is 100km. Longest view distance is for huge clear sectors, like last one, 200M - 400km. That's optimal to set for each sector, as in link above, that won't reveal some very distant gates, but will show just about every station in every sector. Setting more will result in reaching skybox sides, and that will make engine draw skybox in front of everything, hiding every station/ship etc so don't set more than 400 km. Just setting view distance will not remove fog, but will make you ok with it.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”