[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [13th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.14]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Elsin

Post by Elsin » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 03:09

Thank you very much mate

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 13:57

I have all requeriments for bomber,but when i try to add to bomber squad dont appear in hangar to add

deadmoomin
x3tc

Post by deadmoomin » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 22:18

Hello, I'm very interested in trying this mod. But I'm mainly concerned if it will improve AI pathing when working with the player as a group.

Basically, does this mod help auto-pillok path finding and object avoidance? If not, is there any mod which does do this. I'm using Bounce, but that doesn't improve AI pathing intelligence, it only switches off collisions.

Jackbear

Post by Jackbear » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 09:23

Having trouble getting CODEA to work for AP 3.1 w/ bonus pack. Not sure I'm installing it correctly? I've downloaded the Libraries and the latest version I could find and it doesn't seem to do anything to a game I've had going for a few weeks prior. Any advice?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 16:57

Did you make sure to extract the script archives to the X3 Terran Conflict\addon folder?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Jackbear

Post by Jackbear » Sat, 11. Jul 15, 23:46

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Did you make sure to extract the script archives to the X3 Terran Conflict\addon folder?
Not sure, I'm thinking not. I'm not super savoy with modding X3. I extracted the scripts into X3:AP folder as I thought the instructions said to do. When I initiated the extract there were no additional folders to extract to in the AP folder, it was empty until the extract was complete. Am I extracting to the wrong place?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Jul 15, 11:06

It really depends on what you understand under the "X3:AP folder"?

X3: Albion Prelude is an addon to X3: Terran Conflict. As such, the main folder, where all the X3AP specific files can be found, is placed within the X3 Terran Conflict Steam folder and is called "addon". The default location will be: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon. Among others, this "addon" directory contains several game specific folders (such as "scripts", "t", "mov") and four cat/dat pairs.

The only other folder that is specifically called X3AP is the one in the "Documents\Egosoft\" directory. That place, however, is only used to save savegames, screenshots and control profiles.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Jackbear

Post by Jackbear » Sun, 12. Jul 15, 20:28

Ok this helps alot! Thank you good sir. One other question about CODEA. Do ships with Boost ext, SETA, and Vid Enhancement still cause CODEA to not work for them?

Edit: Ok so I extracted the files for CODEA and the libraries to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon. I selected CODEA as the modification to run. While ingame it shows a "Modified" status so I believe CODEA is active. However, I can't seem to get it to work. I'm feeling like it's probably some stupid thing I'm missing.

I bought a M7C (Maccana) and docked 5 M4s (without the Boost, SETA and Vid) on it. The M7 has Life Support, Fight Cmd 1&2, jump drive, transporter, pretty much everything. The M7 is docked at a military base. I'm not seeing the CODEA option under Combat and I'm not seeing an option to hire pilots. Help?

Sorted, hopefully

hedge0035
x3tc

Post by hedge0035 » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 01:12

Hey there, been away from the game for a while and just got back into it. Got CODEA working and have been using it, but its not tracking the kills my fighters are getting. I had this problem before but i cant remember how i fixed it. Any help is appreciated.

Edit... Problem fixed. re downloaded script and put it in again.
Last edited by hedge0035 on Sun, 23. Aug 15, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 11:52

@Jackbear

Can you see/assign any of the hotkeys? If not it would indicate that CODEA isn't actually installed. Another way to check if the scripts are in proper place is just looking for them in the script editor.

Also got a question..
What does the option "Pilots change main lasers" mean? Is it something similar to MARS, meaning the pilots in-flight pick the best weapon from cargo hold??

Ni Meleth Li
x3ap

(AP)Fleet command issues.

Post by Ni Meleth Li » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 10:42

So it's me again....
tldr at the bottom
So i have two small "fleets" rolling around my tiny empire.
One of them consisting of my Xenon i, and one CODEA raptor, are defending my hub. They seem to be doing fine, besides the occasional fighter lost.

But my second fleet (which im personally leading) refuses to listen to any fleet group commands i give.
It consists of one pteranodon(personal ship), one kyoto(stolen ofc), one CODEA raptor, and two pythons.
No matter what command i give, invade sector, call to arms, attack all etc, the fleet only follows the initial jump to me.
My first attempt at invading heretics end, i did a simple "invade sector" command.
According to the wiki, the command does this "Invade Sector: Attack a whole sector, destroying both ships and stations."
well. my fleet jumped in and one tyr, and one response osaka were 10km from the gate.the tyr decided to 1v1 me,(as a sidenote, PALC's are ridiculous) and while this was happening.. the osaka slowly worked his way over to my fleet.... and killed them all without any resistance at all?
after getting the alert that my ships were dying to one bloody osaka, i check them to see that they have zero orders, and not a single turret is firing anything at all(all turrets set to attack all enemies, flak weapons set to defend ship).

maybe the command is bugged, so i try another one after a reload. i jump in ahead of my other ships, and send out a call to arms, followed by attack all enemies once they land. checking the kyoto i see that it once again has no commands, and is letting the gate camping tyr pound him in the face....

is this normal? am i just using the fleet commands wrong?
they're all part of the fleet, all have weapons loaded, and turrets are all set to what i stated earlier, but they refuse to attack unless i give each single ship its own attack command.

tldr, why does my fleet hate me, and insist on ignoring all attack orders unless i give each ship its own command?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 11:22

Since you are using CODEA, why aren't you using it to it's fullest. The Pteranodon can be set up as the flagship, actually any ship that can carry fighters can be flagship. Then in Hanger assignments, you can add M2s, M7s, M6s to be part of the fleet. Each ship capable of carrying fighters can then have it's fighters assigned to what ever fighter group you prefer. M1s and TMs can be added as auxiliary carriers.

If you jump, everyone jumps (assuming you are keeping jump fuel on hand). When the enemy approaches, every ship goes into action as appropriate. Fighters launch, gunship maneuver into position, reds are vaporized.

I'll set up small task fleets consisting of a TM with fighters set as interceptors and one or two M6s. I use these as building blocks to form bigger fleets, assigning the TM as to the aux carrier hanger of another carrier. The bigger carriers will have mostly attack fighters with some interceptors and the like as needed. The Panther or other M7 "carrier" may have other frigates and corvettes in it's fleet, in addition to the TM groups I add. M1's have the M7C groups added plus a destroyer or two. Jump in, every ship does it's job.

Ni Meleth Li
x3ap

Post by Ni Meleth Li » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 11:26

ancienthighway wrote:Since you are using CODEA, why aren't you using it to it's fullest.
haven't gotten the pilot levels required for anything atm.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 12:23

Above 3 posts merged with CODEA thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 14:47

At one time I jumped a fully loaded carrier into a pirate sector, confident to woop ass.. the result was a bloody mess because I forgot to actually <start CODEA> on that ship.

In a safe sector you can set up a training ship, anything that carries fighters goes, the more the better. Just have the fighters on patrol 24/7 and in due time you'll get a bunch of Lieutenants. From there you can move them to M6s and let them do Security & Rescue Service until they're trained up to Captain.

You can also cheat your way up to Captain (like me when I wanted to see CODEA in action the first time). Open >plugin.security.service.admin< in the script editor, search for something like >neuen piloten einstellen< (hire new pilot) and set the starting level from 0 to 5.

Ni Meleth Li
x3ap

Post by Ni Meleth Li » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 22:29

scoutster wrote:At one time I jumped a fully loaded carrier into a pirate sector, confident to woop ass.. the result was a bloody mess because I forgot to actually <start CODEA> on that ship.

In a safe sector you can set up a training ship, anything that carries fighters goes, the more the better. Just have the fighters on patrol 24/7 and in due time you'll get a bunch of Lieutenants. From there you can move them to M6s and let them do Security & Rescue Service until they're trained up to Captain.

You can also cheat your way up to Captain (like me when I wanted to see CODEA in action the first time). Open >plugin.security.service.admin< in the script editor, search for something like >neuen piloten einstellen< (hire new pilot) and set the starting level from 0 to 5.
thanks

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 10:05

Anyone knows how to contact Lucike? Doesn't seem to answer to his xuniversum mail..

edit:
Reason is, I made minor extensions for some of his scripts, not sure if I can/should post them here without permission.

PhantomKnight4420

Hey guys ..

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 21:04

I was wondering can the aran be used as an assided carrier for m6 /tms and personan transporter ts resupply ship will it launch any m6s when the main carrier detects enemies , has anyone done this if so doess it work, another thing will the codea piloits use the adv. hyperdrive if tis installed (that would be sweet!)
thank u 4 any feedback

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Fri, 2. Oct 15, 11:39

Basically you can set any big or huge ship to accompany your main carrier, and if configured any docked vessel (M6 as well) will undock and attack enemies.

I've never seen a Union pilot make direct use of the Advanced Jumpdrive, but then never really tried it... The pilot will however trigger the use of the FTL Extension, which is very nice when combined with Security and Rescue Service (SRS): ship in distress -> regular jump -> FTL to hotspot -> problems gone.

PhantomKnight4420

Is there any...

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 00:18

script which eliminated the need for codea ships to use energy cells to jump and works?.............

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”