[MOD-TC]Ship Rebalance Mod:Continued v1.10b (27/6/11): Now Discontinued...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 23:01

Nemesis_87 wrote:Just out of curiosity, It mentions that other ship mods cant be used. does that mean no other single XSP ships can be added?
Not unless you manually unpack and merge them. Which is great fun, lemme tell ya.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 00:05

Bugger, I got some SG1 ships and they r sweet, oh well il live with out

cheers for the reply bud

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 15:10

Ok been playing this for good few hours now, this is comletely awsome!!!!

My main fleet will be consisting of mostly AFT ships and beefed up OWP make defending systems really nice (i used improved races so bring it on u xenon/khaak)

Only thing is though the AFT corvettes have no were near as much punch compared to commonwealth ones (seeing they dont realloy have any corvette none ammo weapons)

But either way its still sick

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 18:00

Got a question, does anyone else use Advanced Weapons Research Mod with SRM? its compatable but how does it go with the actual balance here?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 16:57

I've not used it myself so I'm not certain. However, Terran/ATF ships tend to be better overall in the stats as their selection of weapons is not as good as the other races. Adding a lot more Terran weapons will alter this balance and may make the Terran ships overpowered.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 21:49

cheers for the reply m8, i was just wondering if there is a spread sheet for the current weapons in CMOD4? like the 1 which was CMOD3

I mainly want to compare the DPS between weapons like the new terran weapons like EMR and ofc the changes to the other weapons since CMOD3 :)

(If you have already done a sheet ofc)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 22:36

I haven't got one for CMod4 I'm afraid. The in-game encyclopaedia will be correct for the current stats though.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 22:46

ah kk, i thought i saw it mentioned somewere that those were inacurate. but if there accurate then i can use those

thanks again

custrag

Post by custrag » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 19:31

I have this mod but I don't see any engine effects for any kinds of ships. I downloaded the trails pack but that only gives effects for fighters. I see some pretty neat lens flares in the screen shots on ships, how do I get those?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 19:37

What trail pack did you download, and what other mods do you have installed if any ?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 20:52

custrag wrote:I have this mod but I don't see any engine effects for any kinds of ships. I downloaded the trails pack but that only gives effects for fighters. I see some pretty neat lens flares in the screen shots on ships, how do I get those?
You need the trail pack that says it includes capital ship effects.

sigma1987

Post by sigma1987 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 20:00

Is this compatible with Albion prelude?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 22:02

I'm afraid not and i have no plans to make it so.

However, the x3 rebalance mod (link is in my sig) is fully albion prelude compatible.

USC Pilot
x4

Post by USC Pilot » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 14:20

Hi Paul,

I have the following problems with the SRM-Mod and want ask whether you know, perhaps, why.

1. When i start a new Game, the Terrans are hostile. I will attacked after the Gamestart from the terran security-forces.

2. The ships are in principle naked. The player's ship has at the start neither weapons or shields.

3. Since i've removed the engine effects i've problems with the game.
If I take the old savegame, it crashes my TC. When i start a new game, the game is crashing after a sectorchange.

Mod's and scripts I have:

Mod's:
SRM (currently with CP Mod. Previously with engine effects and CP-Mod)
Complex Cleaner
Lucky Heir Game Start

Scripts:
Some of Lucike current scripts, including the command library
Among them are:
Economic and supply trader
Commercial agent
Commodity Logistics Software
CODEA
Lasertower: Extended fight
Global Administration
Basic salary
M7M missle launcher
Military transport
Personnel transporter
Prospector
Travel drive
Safety and Rescue Service
Jump Beacon

Imperial Laboratories: Escape Pods 1.1
Cycrows cheat package

TC is patched to version 3.2.

My System:
AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 6000 + ~ 3.1 GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 512MB
Onboard sound (Realtek)
Windows VISTA Home Premium 32Bit

I hope my English is okay, because I have not used it long, and I hope so too for a solution and help about you.

mfg
USC Pilot

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 16:05

The SRM does not alter game starts at all - so its not the SRM causing your problems in #1 or #2. More likely that the Lucky Heir mod is causing this as it alters gamestarts.

As for No.3, I assume you mean you have removed the trails pack? This would occur if the SRM was not installed correctly or if there is a conflicting mod or if you were using a full trail mod, not one of the compatible packs I have provided in the OP. Have you installed the Complex Cleaner to a cat/dat number lower than the SRM?

USC Pilot
x4

Post by USC Pilot » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 18:18

:gruebel: Yes.

The ComplexCleaner-Mod have the cat/dat Nr. 14.
The SRM have the Nr. 15, SRM-CP is Nr. 16.
The Trail-Mod is from SRM and had the Nr. 17.
The Nr. 17 have the Lucky Heir Game Start now.

Before I installed the Lucky Heir Game Start, I had the problem with # 1 and # 2 also.
Therefore it may not be the cause of the error.

mfg
USC Pilot

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 18:28

USC Pilot wrote::gruebel: Yes.

The ComplexCleaner-Mod have the cat/dat Nr. 14.
The SRM have the Nr. 15, SRM-CP is Nr. 16.
The Trail-Mod is from SRM and had the Nr. 17.
The Nr. 17 have the Lucky Heir Game Start now.

Before I installed the Lucky Heir Game Start, I had the problem with # 1 and # 2 also.
Therefore it may not be the cause of the error.

mfg
USC Pilot
Well as I said, the SRM doesn't touch gamestarts, so it can't be that causing #1 or #2. Start ship configs and race relations are set by the game start files.

For removing the trail pack try this:

Put the pack back in. Jump to an empty sector (try one of the unknown sectors and use "kill sector menu" from the cheat pack to be sure), then eject from your ship, tell your ship to jump out, then save and quit. Remove the trail pack and reload. It should be OK then.

Regarding the start up issue - I have noticed in the past, some scripts can cause the empty ship issue if they have particularly complicated setup scripts and don't put enough wait commands in. While they are doing their thing, the game start script sometimes times out.

This can be solved by extracting the Start.xml director script from the vanilla cat/dats (not sure what number has the latest version in TC) and adding a delay in.

If using the Lucky Heir mod you can alter the start.xml file in that.

Find this entry near the top:

<do_when value="{player.age}"

and change the minimum time like this:

min="200">

USC Pilot
x4

Post by USC Pilot » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 22:53

paulwheeler wrote:Regarding the start up issue - I have noticed in the past, some scripts can cause the empty ship issue if they have particularly complicated setup scripts and don't put enough wait commands in. While they are doing their thing, the game start script sometimes times out.

This can be solved by extracting the Start.xml director script from the vanilla cat/dats (not sure what number has the latest version in TC) and adding a delay in.

If using the Lucky Heir mod you can alter the start.xml file in that.

Find this entry near the top:

<do_when value="{player.age}"

and change the minimum time like this:

min="200">
I've tried it. But it came to the same thing.
Are still the ships at the start without weaponry, shields and equipment.
The Terrans are still hostile to me and want to destroy me. :( :cry:

It is also strange that the engine effects were not seen more than I had previously installed it again and have started a new game. :gruebel:

mfg
USC Pilot

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 22:55

Ok, seems all LOWP decie to move a few k when activating them :/

Some might say itsn ot a big deal, but when ya making a gate blocker and then when activated they either go out of range or block the bloody thing can be annoying, Didnt happen in XRM TC so might be a bug in AP

USC Pilot
x4

Post by USC Pilot » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 23:21

Nemesis_87 wrote:Ok, seems all LOWP decie to move a few k when activating them :/

Some might say itsn ot a big deal, but when ya making a gate blocker and then when activated they either go out of range or block the bloody thing can be annoying, Didnt happen in XRM TC so might be a bug in AP
WTF?? :? :?

I've only TC, I have not yet AP. ;)

mfg
USC Pilot

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”