Limited Resources Mod?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Limited Resources Mod?

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 05:11

I looked thru all the mods and can't find a mod to limit resources in the X-Universe. Is there a mod to like limit the financial resources of all the races? This would set a limit on respawning of all the races and hopefully allow the eventual take over and destruction of Xenon and Khaak races permanently?

What fun could that be? Well it would take along time to completely eliminate both races, then if you are bored after that try a different mod.

?????
Boron Marine: Mi Chi Ken "All for one and one for all!...Lets go men!...Arg!...reaching hull, almost there...attempting to breach hull...I'm feeling hungry...I wanna go home...static...losing transmission...your breaking up Captain...must abort mission...cannot breach hull...forgot to take drill...ahhhh...not feeling well...must return to ship Captain...ahhhh...have doctors note...ya thats it ya and ahhh...just noticed...wearing shoes that don't match...must return...over?"

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 05:17

Problem is this would require removing the ENTIRE jobs file, and writing a script library to replicate it all. I was seriously considered doing something along these lines until I looked at the amount of work and effort it would require, and quite frankly, gave up before i started.

Then again, i believe there are a few similarish stuff, that dont remove jobs but do have a script for spawning based on economy values and such.......

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 05:47

Thanks for the reply Lancefighter.
Boron Marine: Mi Chi Ken "All for one and one for all!...Lets go men!...Arg!...reaching hull, almost there...attempting to breach hull...I'm feeling hungry...I wanna go home...static...losing transmission...your breaking up Captain...must abort mission...cannot breach hull...forgot to take drill...ahhhh...not feeling well...must return to ship Captain...ahhhh...have doctors note...ya thats it ya and ahhh...just noticed...wearing shoes that don't match...must return...over?"

FriedTrix
x4

Post by FriedTrix » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 07:55

working on one right now.

Using ThisIsHarsh mod(mbase race response to do this).

Right now, I ve limited the buying of ship to earnings made by race owning sectors and stations. I ve implemented a sector owning routine that work by building a station I call a sector HQ on a specific wreck in the sector.

Im beginning to look through a way to created fleets for each race to create invasion and defense responses with what ThisIsHarsh has already done.

Im in mid term at university so... not sure if I ll have the time to complete this script soon(like 1-2 weeks) but I hope to be able to do so rapidly.

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 14:35

I'm not sure, can you stop the Khaak, when you finish Final Fury ?

FriedTrix
x4

Post by FriedTrix » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 15:44

TheEarl wrote:I'm not sure, can you stop the Khaak, when you finish Final Fury ?
Well my goal here was to have to a dynamic universe. If the khaak still send some invavions parties I don t think that will change what I ve been trying to do. I ll check if I can mod them after I ve finished my primary goal.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”